Our Signature Recipe
- 2oz dried sea moss
- 4-8L of purified or spring water
- 4-6 limes
How To Make Vibrant Sea's Sea Moss Gel:
Grab your sea moss and wash it thoroughly in water. Massage and clean the sea moss well to make sure you get rid of debris.
2. Take the sea moss and place on clean surface. Rinse the pot and place the sea moss back in.
3. Repeat this process 3 times
4. Soak the cleaned sea moss with purified or spring water for 24-48 hours. Squeeze 2-3 limes in the water. (You can put the whole lime if you want)
4. Take the sea moss out of the water and give it a final rinse to remove any contaminants
5. Place sea moss in blender with purified water and squeeze 2-3 limes. You want to start with a low amount of water, roughly around 1/4 of the sea moss level. If too thick, add more water.
6. Blend the sea moss thoroughly until you reach your desired consistency. A high power blender is recommended to give it an apple sauce texture. We use a high speed commercial blender, but a regular counter-top blender does the job.
7. Place the sea moss gel in a jar and refrigerate. Keep in mind the gel will thicken over time once refrigerated.
8. Store in fridge for 3-5 weeks or freezer for 3 months
*To preserve the sea moss longer or if you have to leave it outside of the fridge for more than 24 hours, it is recommended to can the sea moss. Must be unopened*