Purple Raw Sea Moss
Our Purple Dried Sea Moss comes from the pristine oceans of St. Lucia. The Sea Moss is wild harvested by local farmers and sun dried for 3-5 days.
Now Shipping Across Canada & USA!
Harvesting Purple Sea Moss
Our Gold Sea Moss comes from the mineral rich waters of St. Lucia. St. Lucia has a very tropical and exotic climate the entire year, allowing the sea moss to grow at optimal temperatures, maximizing nutritional value. The local farmers we work with collect the sea moss in the ocean and cultivate them in open ocean farms. This process can take up to 90 days until the size has grown well enough to harvest. Everything, from the collection to the cultivation, is done by hand in a way that dates back centuries.
Once the sea moss is harvested, it is taken on shore, cleaned and left to dry under the sun for 3-7 days, depending on weather and sun availability. This process is called bleaching, and it allows the moss to dry and condense, making it ideal for long term storage and packing. The great thing about sea moss is in its resilience, so it can maintain nutrients and bounce back once reconstituted.
Due to the natural changes in nutrients, sunlight, salinity, and fresh water in St. Lucia, there will be variations in the sea moss depending on the time or season of harvest. Every batch of sea moss is a unique representation of the natural environment and time it was harvested. For this reason there can be differences in color and size that are completely natural.
Vitamins & Minerals
Here are some of the Vitamins & Minerals found in Sea Moss:
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Vitamin B3 (niacin)
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
Vitamin B9 (folate)
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)
Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
How To Use
Sea Moss can be used in a variety of ways. The most popular is Sea Moss Gel
How To Make Sea Moss Gel:
1. Wash the sea moss thoroughly and clean the sea moss well to make sure you get rid of debris. Repeat this process 2-3 times
2. Soak the sea moss in spring or filtered water for 24 hours. Add 1-2 limes per 4oz of sea moss for taste.
3. Take the sea moss out of the water it has been soaking in and give it a final rinse to remove any contaminants.
4. Blend the sea moss thoroughly, adding a small amount of water if needed. The consistency should be like applesauce. Keep in mind that the gel will thicken over time once refrigerated.
Uses for Sea Moss Gel:
1. Mix with smoothie or water
2. Apply as face mask
3. Use as thickener in food (works great in curries!)
Take 1-2 tsp of Sea Moss Gel and apply to your skin. Gently rub in until the gel disappears.
Our Favourite Sea Moss Gel Recipe:
- 1tbsp of Sea Moss Gel
- 10oz of purified water
- 1/2tsp of fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon